Power Cap

Power cap- existential handicapping

02 May 2009

Derby Picks




The pools I am going to play are pick 3 leading up to the derby, the daily double, the win pool and exactas.

My key derby horses will be I Want Revenge. I like the stalking speed to stay close and the conventional training up to the race. Nothing flashy but he seems to be coming up to the race well. He can press or close so it gives the kid options.

With 20 horses the are 380 possible exacta combinations so the payout should be fair. Another horse I will be using prominently is Freisan Fire. I love the AP Indy colts especially on wet track. Larry Jones is one of the best of the best so you have to repect his training methods. This colt has the right running style for this race and should be prominent throughout.

Other horses I am going to use in a less prominent way are Desert Party, Chocolatte Candy and Papa Clem. These horses have a shot to win and will be on the exacta tickets and some of the wider spreads in the daily double and pick 3.

No comments: